Expeditions are made both during the half and in the holidays:
- Field-trips are undertaken as part of some academic courses.
- Boys studying modern languages can take part in exchanges with schools in France, Germany, Spain, and Russia.
- The choir gives concerts both at home and abroad.
- School teams have travelled in recent years to Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, East Africa, and the United States, among other places.
- The Mountaineering Club runs expeditions to mountain and moorland areas, which offer boys the opportunity to acquire basic skills in camping, walking, and climbing, and later to learn more advanced techniques.
Societies and individual masters also organize expeditions to places and events of interest, both at home and abroad. There have been numerous trips to Greece and Rome, and major expeditions to Malawi, Kenya, Nepal, and Tibet.
Eton owns Casa Guidi, Robert and Elizabeth Barrett Browning’s house in Florence. It is available as a study centre for school parties for eight weeks of the year.