Old Etonians, parents and friends can support Eton in many ways – through regular or one-off gifts by direct debit, bank transfer, or cheque; legacy gifts; gifts of shares; and other ways.

You can find further information below on the available giving options as well as how to make your gift tax effectively from various countries. For information on Eton’s priority areas read more here.

Whichever way you choose to make your gift to Eton, and whichever area you give to, your generosity is greatly appreciated.

Give online

Single giftRegular gift


Give by Post

If you would prefer to give by post, you can do so by printing out the following form and posting it to:

Development Office
St Christopher’s House
Eton College
Windsor, SL4 6DW

Donation Form

Give Shares or by Bank Transfers

Giving shares can often by a very tax-effective way of supporting Eton.  UK taxpayers who make a gift of shares pay no capital gains tax on the sale of those shares, and can use the value of their donation to reduce their taxable income.  If you would like to make a gift of shares please contact the Development Office.

To make your donation via bank transfer please contact our office to receive further information.

Give Tax Effectively: UK Gift Aid

If you are a UK taxpayer, we can claim an extra 25% in Gift Aid on top of your donation. Additionally, higher-rate and additional-rate tax payers can claim back the difference between basic rate tax and the higher rate of 40% or 45% on the gross value of their gift through Self Assessment. A gift of £100 (£125 including Gift Aid) would therefore be eligible for a rebate of £25 for a 40% taxpayer or £31.25 for a 45% taxpayer.

Simply fill out the Gift Aid declaration form and return to our office.

Gift Aid Declaration Form

Gifts from Abroad

Eton welcomes support from all over the world. For our supporters living in America and Hong Kong SAR, there are tax-efficient ways to give back to the College. For those living elsewhere, please contact our office for international bank transfer details.

The American Friends of Eton College (AFEC)

AFEC is an organisation incorporated under the laws of the District of Columbia as a charitable institution and qualified under §501(c)(3) of the US Internal Revenue Code. Donations to AFEC are fully tax-deductible for purposes of US income taxation, subject to the advice of your tax or financial advisor.

If you live in America, are a US taxpayer and would like to make a donation, or find out more about AFEC, please fill out and return our AFEC donation form to [email protected].

AFEC Donation Form

The Eton College Fund
The Eton College Fund is a named fund under The Chapel & York HK Foundation, the trading name of the Hong Kong Foundation for Charities Ltd, a registered Hong Kong charity, through which Hong Kong based donors can make donations for the benefit of Eton College and be eligible for all the legal and tax benefits of giving in Hong Kong.

If you live in Hong Kong SAR, are an Inland Revenue Department taxpayer and would like to make a donation, please use the following link: Donate to Eton College – Hong Kong Foundation for Charities.

Give Through Your Will

Legacies are an important part of the development programme at Eton and each year they contribute a significant amount to our highest priorities. The Henry VI Society for legacy pledgers has a very active series of events, and you can find out more here.

Why We Need Your Support

Recognising Your Support