Eton, Slough, Windsor and Heston Independent and State School Partnership
2014/15 Academic Year Report
Closer to home, we are proud to be a member of the Eton, Slough, Windsor and Heston Independent and State School Partnership (ISSP) with six local state schools (two comprehensives and two academies in Slough, a comprehensive in Windsor and another in Heston). The ISSP aims to improve pupil self-esteem; raise pupil aspirations; and, improve professional practice across the schools. Since it was founded in 2008, this partnership has provided numerous opportunities for academic collaboration through Saturday Schools and other academic workshops and mentoring; collaboration in the arts and sports; and opportunities for teachers’ professional development.
Particular highlights from the 2014/15 Academic Year are as follows:
- 14 sixth form students from the partner schools worked with Art History tutors from The Bigger Picture during Lent 15 on a course to improve presentation skills and their creative appreciation of the power of art.
- The student mentoring scheme continued. Over 50 Eton boys mentored pupils from Slough and Eton Church of England Business and Enterprise College in Maths and English GCSE and Maths AS and A2 level.
- The Saturday Satya programme ran at Eton on eight Saturday mornings across Michaelmas and Lent working with the Wisdom Project; over 20 year 10 students, including E Block students (year 10), came to learn how to develop their creative thinking and attitudes towards their spiritual core.
- Masters from Eton attended one key note lecture and seminar with senior leaders from the partner schools to exchange ideas about pedagogy and management in education.
- A Debating Workshop was run in the Jafar Hall at Eton for ISSP schools in the Summer half.
- The Wisdom Project continued to be a focus to develop the Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural education of pupils from Eton and the partner schools through a number of seminars and workshops.
- Three students from the ISSP schools attended the Eton College Universities Summer School.